Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!


Hi, it's me, Lucie. I'm Holly's cat and I was born in a barn in Mechanicsville, Va exactly 10 years ago today. I remember those early days, when I would pile on top of Roxy, Sugar and the other kittens and nap in the sunshine between feedings. Our mama was a fat, white cat - not unlike yours truly, though my weight is contolled these days.

Before coming to NYC a few years ago, I lived all over Virginia: Church Hill, the Fan, Ashland, Winchester, and Edinburg. I even did a stint in the Outer Banks, but I didn't like all that sand very much. I prefer the mountains to the beach - mountain air is simply better for my coat. But now I'm an uptown city kitty. I enjoy watching pigeons out the window, napping in the bed Barry made me and running laps up and down the hallway in out apartment. I recently overheard Holly's dad George asking "Does Lucie ever AGE?". I took it as a compliment, since I do consider myself quite youthful.

Josh Camp coined the following proclamation: "Hi, I'm Lucie. It's a pleasure to meet me." Please see below for my recent photoshoot in honor of my birthday:


No comments: