Friday, February 23, 2007

Leysie the Apple dork

So - I'd been riding the high of my recent trip to Niger for several weeks. And what better way to relive and share the memories than through photographs. Unfortunately, I thought I knew a little more about Mac's iPhoto program than I actually did. Apparently, I had manipulated the file folders on my hard drive past the point of no return. The end result? I couldn't access any of the beautiful photos I'd uploaded from our photo CDs in Niger. the same CDs we painstakingly loaded onto Steph's laptop through the dust film that covered everything in recasement....

I fussed and fumed through shifts in the peds ER at St. Luke's where I work, wondering why I couldn't view my photos. Everyone was asking to see them and here I was telling them, "they're THERE, but they're not really there."

I turned to my fellow Mac lover, Leysa Karas. Within an hour she'd made us appointments at the Apple Store (midtown - the 24 hour house of utter therapy). In the frigid air we made our way to midtown, laptops in hand. The geniuses fixed my iPhoto problem. I became PARKIE P. while she was LEYSIE K. We enjoyed listening to the genius call out "Parkie P.?" Is there a Parkie P. present?".






Here's what our cool names looked like on their genius bar triage screen.






And here's Leysa & I in her new Bushwick loft.

Because "THINGS ARE GONNA BE DIFFERENT IN BROOKLYN."



More to come on the Niger photos...

No comments: